Walking Tall-A Personal Journey
The Journey of a Thousand Miles
Please allow me to share my excitement and experience. I just walked for my PhD! An accomplishment that I’ve been working toward my entire life. Obstacles were abundant, but when you set a goal you just keep going until you achieve it. I did it and it feels amazing! I am officially a doctor; more specifically a Doctor of Philosophy in Education!
What I mean by “the journey of a thousand miles;” it’s researching, gathering data and writing a dissertation. My dissertation is titled “The Difference of a Ten Week Counselor Facilitated Adolescent Boys Group on Behavior.” Its theory comes from the work I do with boys in The Quest Project®, a mission I’ve devoted my life to.
This advanced research will be presented to the academic world with the reasons boys are struggling during adolescence and support what boys need.
I’ll be honest, there were moments when I wished a University had awarded me an “honorary doctorate” because I could have added years to my life! But that’s not who I am.
- Made sense of my own suffering in childhood through therapy.
- Discovered my life mission by understanding my gift.
- Obtained a Psychology degree and focused on adolescent boys with developmental needs.
- Became a licensed counselor with a Master’s Degree and wrote a thesis on adolescent boys.
- Developed The Quest Project®-A Modern Day Rite of Passage with years of success (2000 graduates since 2000).
- Written and published a book “Saving Our Sons-A Parent’s Guide to Preparing Boys for Success.”
- Completed my Doctorate Degree on scientific theory supporting what adolescent boys need.
I am spreading the word and advancing the science behind what I do; I am giving adolescent boys the very best of what they need to be healthy young men. I have given over 25 years of my life to this work.
I’m now writing “Saving Our Sons 2”- For Dads. Look for it to launch early 2018.
I am “proof” if you work hard and don’t give up you can reach your goals! Have you set goals for yourself, share your accomplishments!